Speech and Language Therapist
Does working 4 days a week but with FULL pay sound like a dream?!*
It doesn’t have to be! Have a better work/life balance and come and work for Outcomes First Group!
Job Title: Speech and Language Therapist
Location: Underley Gardens School, Lancashire
Salary: Up to £53,200 (DOE)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday,8.30am – 4.30pm
Essential: Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
About the role
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist to join our in-house Clinical Team. Working collaboratively with the site, you will deliver bespoke assessment and intervention plans for our pupils with developmental trauma, autism, ADHD, complex needs and SEMH needs.
You will be responsible for holding a speech and language therapy caseload. With the full support of our well-established and knowledgeable Clinical Team, you will also contribute to staff training, consultation and reflective practice. Both a challenging and rewarding role, this position would suit a resilient and enthusiastic individual, with a therapeutic approach and the ability to make decisions, as well as manage their own workload.
Our well-established Clinical Team, maintain a nurturing and loving environment where our pupils can flourish, always putting them at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, our pupils are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our students, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading service provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Outcomes First Group has a network of Psychotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists and Psychologists offering support, training in a variety of specialisms, advice and guidance.
Location: Underley Gardens School, Lancashire
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland and Wales with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in 2023, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the fourth year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care and Options Autism.
For more information on the group please visit: https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/
- Recognised Speech & Language Therapy degree
- Valid and up to date HCPC Registration
- Registered member of RCSLT
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
- Previous experience of paid or voluntary work within a trauma or complex needs setting
- Clear and concise report writing relating to clinical and research activities
- Experience within the specialist client group. (complex communication issues relating to autism, including language disorder, dyspraxia, sensory impairment, learning disabilities/difficulties and associated challenging behaviour)
- Experience of multi-professional work with teams or services within the designated speciality preferred. Newly qualified candidates will be considered.
- Ability to work independently
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: Sarah.Attwell@ofgl.uk
Why work for us?
Alongside working with a network of clinical colleagues with regular forums for peer reflection and practice development, Outcomes First Group offer an array of flexible benefit options:
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
- Work 4 days but be paid for 5* – eligible to join upon completion of 3 months probation – *subject to T&C’s
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the people in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
Vacancy ID: 235060