Options Autism are hiring Domestic Assistants in Kirkby Lonsdale!
Job role: Domestic Assistant / Cleaner
Salary: £23,420.80 per annum
Location: Underley Gardens School, Kirkby Lonsdale
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm (requests for flexible working considered)
About the role
We are seeking to appoint Domestic Cleaners to join our team of cleaning staff at Underley Gardens. The successful candidates will work as part of the Facilities Team whose role focuses on ensuring a safe, well maintained, and clean environment is sustained throughout the whole site. You must be dependable and trustworthy, comfortable working independently as well as being part of a larger team. Whilst prior cleaning experience is not essential it would be desirable.
About the School
Underley Garden School is a large school with small class sizes, focusing on pupils and young people, aged 5-19, who have a range of complex needs associated with autism and learning disabilities, including complex communication, sensory and behavioural needs associated with their disabilities.
Our School adopts a holistic, person-centred approach to the development of our young people and endeavours to ensure that they achieve as high a standard as possible. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of education, care and therapy to meet the individual requirements of young people with complex special educational needs.
At Underley Garden, we aim to make a positive difference to the personal, social and learning lives of the people entrusted to our care.
Located near the market town of Kirkby Lonsdale on the edge of the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales in a commutable distance of Lancaster, Cumbria and surrounding areas.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to pupils, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Ability to use a wide range of cleaning equipment and to follow the company cleaning guidelines.
- Willing to carry out all reasonable cleaning tasks as directed by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Willing to work as part of a team, but also prepared to undertake tasks independently.
- Willing and able to follow health and safety guidelines and training.
- Have a flexible approach and willing to use own initiative.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Be aware of the importance of confidentiality & safeguarding procedures.
- Able to lift/move equipment.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing where necessary
Benefits – Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- £23,420.80 per annum
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Travel allowance
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.