Job role: Cleaning Supervisor
Salary: £22,500 per annum
Location: Underley Garden, Kirkby Lonsdale, LA6 2DZ
Hours: 40 hours per week
Underley Gardens School are currently looking for a Cleaning Supervisor to join their team.
You will be expected to ensure that your area is presented to a high standard, school rules and expectations are followed and remain in place at all times. The coordinator will be expected to ensure the standards of their area are kept high and the health and safety of everyone in their area is paramount.
Please see attached job description for additonal details.
About the School
Underley Garden is a large site which hosts a large school provision and a residential children’s home across several buildings. All children who attend the school and live within the home have EHCP’s due to their special educational needs.
Underley meets the needs of a range of SEN including; Autism, Learning Difficulties, Mental Health & Medical needs and related behavioural difficulties.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Experience of managing a team of staff
- Experience of working within a multi-functional site (care and education setting)
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to use a wide range of cleaning equipment and to follow the company cleaning guidelines.
- Willing to carry out all reasonable cleaning tasks as directed by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Willing to work as part of a team, but also prepared to undertake tasks independently.
- Willing and able to follow health and safety guidelines and training.
- Have a flexible approach and willing to use own initiative.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Be aware of the importance of confidentiality & safeguarding procedures
- Able to lift/move equipment.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing where necessary
Why join Options Autism?
- £22,500 per annum
- 40 hours per week
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.