Teaching Assistant Level 3
How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
4DWW will be rolled out within our school, when we have a full complement of staff, and within the next year – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join us #teamOFG!
Become a Teaching Assistant Level at Underley Garden School part of Options Autism and start working towards yours.
Visits to Underley Garden School are Welcome to all applicants!
- Salary: £22,432.58 per annum
- Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Contract: Term Time Only, Permanent
Underley Garden School is a large school with small class sizes, focusing on pupils and young people, aged 5-19, who have a range of complex needs associated with autism and learning disabilities, including complex communication, sensory and behavioural needs associated with their disabilities.
Our School adopts a holistic, person-centred approach to the development of our young people and endeavours to ensure that they achieve as high a standard as possible. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of education, care and therapy to meet the individual requirements of young people with complex special educational needs.
At Underley Garden, we aim to make a positive difference to the personal, social and learning lives of the people entrusted to our care.
Located near the market town of Kirkby Lonsdale on the edge of the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales in a commutable distance of Lancaster, Cumbria and surrounding areas.
About the role
To form part of the senior support lead team accountable to the specific area of this job description, though accountable for the specific area, there may be a requirement at times to support and working alongside the other senior support leads.
To deploy as a teaching assistant during the hours of school under the leadership of a teacher and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom. This could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas and will involve assisting the teacher in the whole planning cycle and the management and preparation of resources.
To lead and model positive behaviour management with proactive and solution focussed approaches.
To occasionally supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers (i.e., cover supervision) and to respond to questions and generally assist young people in undertaking set activities when fulfilling this supervisory role.
To share the school’s responsibility to support and promote the learning, personal development, safeguarding and well-being of all pupils.
To ensure recording and reporting across the school is completed to a high standard and is shared effectively with both internal and external agencies.
- NVQ3 or equivalent qualification in education
- At least 12 months experience as a teaching assistant in a school or education provision where supporting with challenging behaviour is a key part of the role
- GCSE’s in English and Maths
- ICT knowledge
- Prior knowledge with physical intervention providers
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Holidays are equivalent to 13 weeks
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
Additional School Benefits
- Gym Membership at Whoop Hall
- Birthday Chocolates
- Gift Voucher at Christmas
- BUPA Wellbeing Health Expenses including Employee Assistance Programme and Anytime Healthline
- Team Building Days
- Attendance Incentive
- 'Go Green Initiative' – Every staff member who lives outside of a 10-mile radius from Underley Garden will receive a payment for five days travel per month. We encourage car sharing where possible
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
#Education #Pupilcare #School #Tutor #Learning #EducationSupportWorker #Teachingassistant #specialeducation #kirkbylonsdale
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.