Trainee Children’s Care Worker plus Welcome Bonus
Underley Garden School are now hiring Trainee Children’s Care Worker in Kirkby Lonsdale!
JOIN US TODAY TO RECEIVE A £1000 WELCOME BONUS *AND AN EXTRA £1000 AFTER SIX MONTHS!
Role: Trainee Children’s Care Worker
Location: Underley Garden School, Kirkby Lonsdale
Salary: Up to £12.33 per hour (plus sleep-ins paid at £52.50 per night) Pending pay review.
Hours: Full-time, Permanent (40 hours per week – There is a 2 week shift rota so you can plan your year in advance;
Week 1 – Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday
Week 2 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
How we reward you
We want our occupants to have the best support possible, and therefore you’ll receive an exceptional rewards package including:
- Salary: Up to £12.33 per hour (plus sleep-ins paid at £52.50 per night) Pending pay review
- £1000 welcome bonus *and an extra £1000 after you pass your probation (minimum six months)
- Travel allowance – £250 per annum for under 10 miles away, £450 per annum for over 10 miles
- 255 hours’ annual leave allowance, which equates to 6 weeks. This increases following two years’ service to 298 hours which equates to 7 weeks. You are also entitled to an additional days holiday for ‘one moment in time’ to celebrate a special occasion.
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
- Earn £1000 by referring a friend
- Bank holiday bonus pay (Time and a half hourly rate per bank holiday hours worked)
And market leading benefits offered through our Flexible Benefits Platform Vista that enable you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad, to use at high street stores, events, cinemas, restaurants and more!
- Critical illness cover
Our next Trainee Children’s Care Worker will be someone who has:
- A big heart and passion to make a difference to the occupants’ lives.
- Patience, resilience, and calmness.
Some of your duties would be as follows
- Supporting the occupants to appointments and activities such as shopping or trips out
- Completing relevant paperwork
- Undertaking household tasks
- Engage our occupants in tasks and activities
We are hiring Trainee Children’s Care Workers for Underley Garden School which is an Independent Special School and Accommodation based near the village of Kirkby Lonsdale in Cumbria, providing support for individuals between the ages of 5-19. The school was judged to be Outstanding in all areas in April 2022. During their latest inspection, the Accommodation was judged Good.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for individuals with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and support, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
How to Apply
1. Click Apply and follow the on-screen instructions
2. Visit our website at www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/jobs/ where you can sort all of our live vacancies to find one that is most relevant to you – Search by Role, Location or even distance to your own home to find your perfect job!
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to a free fully Enhanced DBS and reimbursement of the Update Service Fee.