Does working 4 days a week but with FULL pay sound like a dream?!*
It doesn’t have to be! Have a better work/life balance and come and work for Outcomes First Group!
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: Underley Gardens School, Kirkby Lonsdale
Salary: up to £53,200 (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 8:30am, – 16:30pm Monday to Friday
Contract: Fixed Term, 52 weeks
Essential: Full UK Diving Licence and access to own vehicle required
About the role
Underley Gardens School are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Occupational Therapist to join our expanding team. In the role you would be expected to implement a holistic, therapeutic and dynamic approach to helping our pupils in their daily lives – ensuring they are safe, comfortable and their occupational and sensory needs supported throughout their day. Undertaking all aspects of Occupational Therapy clinical duties, you would be expected to carry out standardised and non-standardised assessments, bespoke interventions, and prepare relevant documentation – including writing reports and sensory profiles. In addition, you will provide information and training to staff, commissioners and other agencies as required.
You would be working within our well-established and supportive multi-disciplinary therapy team to help create an environment where our pupils can flourish, learn and develop. The team includes Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy and therapy assistants. Someone with a rounded and integrated approach to care, education and clinical services would be perfect for this role.
Location: Underley Gardens School, Kirkby Lonsdale
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of special needs education and care. We have services covering all of England and North Wales. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland and Wales with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in 2023, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the fourth year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care and Options Autism.
For more information on the group please visit: https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/
- Occupational Therapy BSc (Hons)
- Registered with the HCPC
- Experience of working with adults and/or children who have an intellectual disability and/or autism with additional needs (e.g. complex trauma, mental health needs, behaviours of concern)
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of key partners
- Able to work sensitively with people and resolve conflict effectively
- Evidence of continuing professional development relevant to the setting
- Substantial and relevant post-qualification experience with children and young people.
- Experience of lecturing/teaching/training
- Skills in the management of data are also important as the role includes collecting and analysing data to inform various pieces of service delivery, development and project work.
- Experience of working with or qualification in sensory integration.
- Experience of supervision and training of staff.
- Full UK Diving Licence and access to own vehicle required
What’s in it for you?
You will be working with an ambitious and driven service that’s really going places, supported by an exceptional team of likeminded individuals who are keen to learn from you. This is an opportunity to enrich the lives of the people we support and make a positive difference, in a role where you have autonomy.
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment where our people are heard, respected and hugely valued. We want our employees to come to work with energy, determination and most importantly we want them to be happy in their work. We are well aware that it is our highly skilled teams that make Outcomes First Group the success it is, and we want this to continue. This is why we provide a range of benefits designed to support you, not just in your work life but also on a personal level too. We want you to be the best you can be and offer genuine opportunities for career development and progression.
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: email@example.com
Why work for us?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of our people in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS.
Job ID 229792